Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sick again, Lake atitlan adventures and plans for the near future!!

So a lot, and I mean a lot, has happened since the last time I updated my blog. The whole gang has been hanging out in the lake Atitlan area for an extended period of time. We hav e played multiple shows at multple venues. For the majority of the time the band played the shows, I was really sick and not able to participate because my stomach and broken nose have been making me depressed and feel out of it. But now my nose is all better and I have been drinking lots of local herbal tea and eating Papaya seeds, which make my stomach feel so much better.
Lake Atitlan Festival
So the whole band went to this awesome Lake Atitlan festival just around the lake in Santiago, Guatemala. There were a lot of guatemalen bands and a lot of cool hippies. We camped out that night and I somehow managed to eat a pot brownie, which were being served at the festival. That night my stomach started to hurt so I decided to take a nap around 8 or so and then wake up in a little while to continue watching ands until midnight... Well as I was sleeping I was woken up because I heard a lot of rustling of leaves in the woods right next to the camp sight. I looked to see what it was and I saw about 5 or 6 men with candles and it looked like they were wearing masks and had guns and machetes in their hands. I quickly woke up and started to run down to the festival only to see that all of the paths were blocked with men with flashlights. I started to panic and my heart started to race faster than that time I rode my bike down a 88 degree mountain in Chiapas Mexico. So I saw that there was an empty spot that lead down to the river so I ran as fast as I could down these huge ruin looking stairs almost slipping while huffing and puffing down. I saw that people with flashlights started to follow me so I started to climb up this mouantainous ridge until I came upon the most perfect cave I have ever stumpled upon. I was too afraid to shine my flashlight because the shadowy craetures with flashlight started to approch quickly. So I started to climb my way into this cave and crammed myself in there...for 2 hours. I would eventually look out to see if they were gone but they were still there!! the whole time! I would eventaully see people scouting out the locaction. After two hours of being paronoid and stuffed in a cave I decided I would run back to the tent and hope it wasnt tooken over my criminals in the mountains of guatemala. I returned safely with just normal campers walking around with flashlights. There were no men with masks and guns. Although there were security guards, and they must have been the men who started to chase me, and I think they were carrying had guns. So I slept in my sleeping bag outside and went to bed. The next day I woke up and talked to some people the next day and heard that there were a couple of locals who came by to the camp sight ready to lynch a criminal who just raped and robbed someone close by..... After that we all took a boat back to San Pedro and we were all safe and sound.
The Future of my life..
So Kipchoge has found out that has father is having a hard battle with cancer back home and has decided that he is going home on Sunday. This means I will have to decide what I am going to do with my life. I have multiple ideas of what I can do and what I would like to do. For example I would like to stay here in the lake atitlan area for a couple more weeks and go to spanish school which is about 65 bucks for a 20 hour course. Or I was thinking I could live with a local family and teach them english while they teach me spanish and help them work around, or on the house and their farm if it exists. There is also the possibility of continuing down south and trying to contact some new found travelers I have made on the trip and traveling with them for a while to south america. Or maybe I will go back up to Mexico and meet up with new found friends there. Or maybe... I will take a bus up to Texas and travel by bike around there and visit some really awesome bicycle collectives and meet up with some really cool bicycle advocacy groups and then travel the whole west coast by bike. And eventually go to Tour De Fat or just go to the New Belgium brewing company head quarters to check it out and visit other really cool spots on the west coast. Maybe I will find a place to live for a couple of weeks,months,years on my travels. Maybe I will go back home and then gather up some of my friends from home and go on an all out bike trip with them. Maybe I will cross paths of people I know and have met in the future. WHO KNOWS????But I do know that I am going to have a fucking awesome time doing whatever it is I am going to do. I am going to try to post up news pictures of my adventures shortly. Until Next time, be happy and live life to the fullest!! Dont let spilled milk or amibas or poverty get you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment