Monday, April 27, 2009

Home

So I got home on Tuesday last week and got a little bit of a re-entry shock when I came back to the states. The air is much cleaner and it smells a little better up here and there isn't trash that cover the streets or the woods. I realized people aren't so friendly up here compared to Guatemala. Every one I would walk by would usually give be a big smile and greet me properly and usually look you in the eyes but up here I have noticed a lot of people could care less and just walk bye. Of course there will be friendly and not so friendly people that are all over the world. I had to spend 100 dollars to ship my xtracycle which put my money in my bank account down to $12.50

I have applied at a couple of bike shops that I live around. I am going to start doing little jobs like paintings and little plumbing jobs also so I can get a little bit of an income and start saving. I am working on getting rid of most of my things by either donating the majority of it and I am going to try to sell all of my dvds and games and my 12 string guitar and my other acoustic guitar. I have been playing guitar for hours on end every day also since I wasn't able to while I was traveling because I didn't bring one with me. It feels good to play again and I am starting to get new inspiration. I have been riding my 6 speed bike around everyday, it is a little heavy and pretty slow but it is still pretty cool looking. I eventually want to get another mountain bike so I can put my xtracycle back on so I can start carrying things on it again.

When I first came back the weather was pretty cold and not so fun but now it has been really warm and fantastic.

I would still like to travel sometime in the fall and head towards Atlanta and then towards Austin Texas. I would like to be in Texas at least by next March or April.

1 comment: