Saturday, March 7, 2009

I feel better now.

So we are still in Panajachel, which is a pretty awesome town. There are a lot of tourist and there is a beautiful view of Atitlan Lake and the three huge volcanos that surround it.
My stomach feels much better and I feel happier. We have been playing shows and will coninue to play shows every night here until Monday where we will head off towards Antigua or Guatemala City. I am not sure where we will head next.
But the weather is great and I have been relaxing and having a great time hanging out with the crew and some new found friends. We have been hanging out with a mexican band who is also on tour. We ran into them in Oaxaca and maybe in Chiapas also. They are all really cool and play sweet traditional music with a modern twist.
I am kind of bummed that we are headed to El Salvador and then straight to Costa Rica, skipping Honduras and Nicaragua. But maybe I can visit those countries some other time in my life. El Salvador and Costa Rica and Panama should be really fun and exiciting. We will see what happens next.
Anyways I am trying to find some places to volunteer in Mexico for when I get back into Mexico after the tour. I emailed an orphanage but they haven´t responded yet. I would like to try to work with children and perhaps work with a program similar to an earn a bike program.

2 comments:

  1. Josh, This blog is awesome! Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, I'm glad you feel better. Your Mom was really worried. Did you ever contract the UN so they know where you are traveling to? I wish you the best of luck and hope you don't have any stomach problems again.
    Love PA

    ReplyDelete