Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hanging out with Dave and Paco in Antigua

So Kipchoge went home right after Dave, Paco and I arrived in Antigua. We didnt get to play one last show or say our final goodbyes. But we did meet up with the rest of the crew and said our good byes to Laughter,Jared and Cara. They all took a bus to Mexico the next day. Dave, Paco and I have been renting a hotel for fairly cheap and we played a show at an open mic night in a restaurant. I finally got to play my micro korg synthesizer. Paco is a really great guitarist who plays a lot of reggae songs that he mostly writes. We pretty much booked a show everynight here until weds. And then I think we will go back to Panajachel or San Pedro. I am thinking about going to Spanish school in either towns for a week and then trying to figure out my plan from there. I am thinking about taking a bus from Panajachel, if possible ,to Mexico City. Then from there I would like to visit some new found friends and then go to Guadalajara and then to Texas. But Paco keeps talking about going to his home country of El Salvador to play lots of shows and travel throughout south america. It sounds really awesome but my money is really low and I kind of want to travel the states for now and ty to work in random cities and make some money and then travel throughout south america in a year or 2 or maybe 3.
Eventually I would like to look for some fellow travelers who would like to go bike from the west coast to the east coast with me when I decide to go home. But that won´t be for a while.
For now I am just living it up in Antigua and I am a little disgusted by all the tourists. But thats life. Tomorrow I might make my way to Maya Pedal, which is a really cool organization where they create bicycle powered machines such as a bicycle powered blender, water pump, machete/knife sharpener,generator.

No comments:

Post a Comment