Thursday, March 12, 2009

San Marcos

So we took a boat ride across the beautiful Atitlan lake to San Marcos. We have been staying in Hectors house,Hector is a really cool artist who sells his art work in the main market in Panajachel. It has been paradise. There was a beautiful view of the lake, and the town is pretty cool and not so touristy, but there are still a lot of gringos there. I have been taking it easy since I got hit in the nose unexpectedly on Saturday night. I slept while the band played one show at Panarock on sunday, and I missed out on a an epic journey where they hiked 18 km round trip to an amazing water fall. But I had a good time sleeping and playing my microkorg synthesizer. That was probably the 5th or 6th time I have played it since I have been traveling with the band since January.
My imagination has started to flow with all sorts of crazy ideas and I have been feeling really creative lately. Also I have been practicing EspaƱol a little also. I would like to go to Spanish school but I really don't think I need it and I couldn't afford it anyways right now. I think I am doing ok for never taking any classes ever in my life, but also I could be doing much better. I am just afraid to go for it and just speak it, so I end up sounding like a goof ball.
After hanging out at Hectors house enjoying the view of the lake and the beautiful garden and playing music every night, we decided to come back to Panajachel. We are playing another show tonight at Panarock again. The future is looking a little hazy and untold so far but I think we will go to Antigua and then San Salvador, El Salvador. But I am not positive yet. We might hang out around here for a couple more days to play a few more shows and then venture on to the south.
Yesterday I decided to start trying to plan what I will be doing after the tour. I am thinking about going back to school and trying to get some scholarships and study some sort of cultural anthropology or maybe study puppeteering. I was also thinking maybe I can play music for money and travel by bicycle with some fellow travelers around the world. Or maybe I can just stay in one country and volunteer there for a couple of months and then travel some more. I was also thinking about trying to join a bicycle crew for bicycle tours or crazy events like the Tour de Fat, which I just heard about the other day. I am not sure where my future will take me yet, but I do know that I will have a great time doing whatever I choose to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment