Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Everything is Ok

Ok so the atm machines all lied to me. I called up my bank and I found out that I have 390 dollars left. So if I use it wisely and stop buying yummy helados and pan de dulce than I will be able to make it to Texas! Once I get in to Mexico everything will be a little more cheaper which is better for me. I can definitly find a bus going to the Mexican/guatemalen boarder. From there I can probably find some travelers that are headed up north and head up with them. I was thinking about riding through the boarder hoping that they wont give me any problems since I dont have a guatemalen visa or a passport stamp from when I first entered the country. Everyone is saying that I should be fine since I am american. And I already have a mexican visa so I should be fine. I am working on looking up some jobs for when I get into Texas and I plan on working with the yellow bike project in Austin. I cant wait to get involved with them and start working with them and see how their program works and runs. I am totally not worried any more.
Last night I had a dream that I started to fly....Kipchoge and the rest of the ginger ninjas were all their while we were in Guatemala. At first I had a really hard time, I started to get really high and then all of a sudden I would plummit down really really fast. Then everyone told me I was flying that well because of all these negatives thoughts that I manifest in my head sometimes. Then I kind of woke up while that was going on but I liked the dream and I didnt want it to end. So I wondered how I could continue to fly high and free with no worries. Then I started to imagine that I just unzipped a invisible/gooey suit filled with negative thoughts,images, regrets, worries and much more. After that I was like 60 lbs less and I started to soar higher and higher. Then I decided I would end it there and then I woke up and Paco,Dave and I all went to the mercado and bought breakfast for 7 q each.So I think we are going back to San Pedro or Panajachel tomorrow and from their I will look for a bus to Mexico, Possibly even mexico city.
Well those are all the updates I can think of for now, besides that Paco and Dave have been playing shows pretty much everynight together. I am not so confident with my synthesizer playing to play with them so I usually dont play with them. The sounds are too extreme and it is hard to find the right sounds for reggae. It takes time to come up with good ideas to mesh with the music and I dont have an amplifier so I cant practice with them. My mind keeps filling up with tons of new ideas but they slowly leak out if I dont get to play an instrument for an etended period of time. Music is medicine for me and relaxes and calms me down. Lately I have just been sleeping early and acting a little depressed. I was so used to just following the group that now it is hard for me to cope with being on my own. Sure I am with Paco and Dave but its just not the same. I think Paco and Dave are going to continue to head down south towards Honduras and Nicaragua while I head north Solo. I think it will be a good and challenging expeirence for me, and I know I will learn a lot from it as well as grow a lot. Once I get into Mexico I would like to start looking for a family to teach english to while they teach me spanish for a month or so or maybe just a couple of weeks so I can feel more comfertable with traveling alone in a spanish speaking country. I feel like I have been using Kipchoge and the other spanish speakers in the group as a crutch. Also I let Paco do all the talking whenever we book a hotel or buy food because I just do try hard enough to communicate. I understand a lot of spanish but i just get self concious and dont try to speak it.
Anyways.... until next time Amigos

No comments:

Post a Comment