Thursday, January 29, 2009

Last day in Guadalajara

So today is our last day in Guadalajara, we will be taking a bus to Mexico city tonight around 8 and arrive there in about 9 or 10 hours. We might be spliting up and some of us will be staying at a girl named destinee´s house I found on couchsurfing.com and the rest might stay with the engineer for the band.
Last night we went on a huge bike ride with about a thousand people!!! It was a site I will never forget. It was really organized and fun. I saw about 10 crashes and a couple of break downs. I saw one really bad after effect of a crash of the only bicyclist with a fixed gear. I talked to him earlier in the night because he knew spanish. At first he thought I was disrespecting him because I shouted WOW A Fixed Gear. But then I told him I respected him for riding that because they are so dangerous sometimes. He was going to fast and hit a huge hole and cracked his head open. Kipchoge, Jared, Cara and Dave were riding around with there low glow flourencent green lights on the bottom of their bikes last night, which made it easy for me to spot them in the huge crowd. Kipchoge has been riding around soul cycling. Soul cycling is when you attach a battery to a huge speaker on the back of your bike while playing music on a music player like an IPOD. It was a pretty intense 2 hour ride. The largest and longest ride I have been in and seen since I became a 24 hour non stop hardcore bicyclist. After the ride we arrived at a big statue with all of the riders and started to set up and play a show. I set up all the bicycle generators to the power source. Last night I couldnt get Jared´s bike to work properly, There are a couple of problems we have been running into since the begining but they will out get fixed up once we arrive in Mexico city and meet up with Dante the engineer. He is the one who put the generators together. So hopefully I will learn a lot about the system and get a better understanding of it all.

Yesterday evening another member of our crew showed up at the house we were staying at. Her name is Andrea and is from Mexico. Chava is working on setting up her bike today so it will be ready to go for tomorrow. So now there is a total of 8 crew members. We might get more in the future possibly. We will see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Josh,
    You sound like a happy guy, enjoying the "ride".
    All that you are doing is very interesting. Keep us informed! Be safe!God Bless!
    Auntie Barbara

    ReplyDelete