Sunday, April 5, 2009

Living In Hectors House in San Marcos La Laguna, Guatemala

So I have been staying at Hectors house with Paco for the past week. Hector also lives in Panajachel where he works and sells his artwork. So I have been watching his house and taking care of his garden. It has been total paradise and I have been living it up. I played a show at a restaurant with Paco and got paid 50q which is pretty good. I had a fun time expressing myself with music and I have been writing a brand new song that might be called ¨We all know¨. I am having multiple thoughts about traveling. I am still thinking about selling my bicycle and maybe buying a classical guitar and traveling with just a backpack and a guitar and taking buses and possibly hitchhiking up through mexico and playing guitar at bars and in the cities for some money and making my way up to Austin Texas. Another thought is to borrow some money from someone and take a plane to Boston and then recooperate and go to my damn jury duty in June and then start traveling again in August by bicycle in the states. Making my way along the whole east coast and going west to Alabama to meet my father whom I never met in my life and then making my way to Austin Texas where I would still love to check out the Yellow Bike Project and the Rhizome Collective house. I am not sure at all. I think I might stay here for another week or so because this week or maybe the rest of the month is Semana Santa which is a really religous holiday. And I am not sure if it is the safest time to travel but I am sure it would be fine. If I were to go the crazy adventurous route I would like to find a travel partner who would like to travel up to Mexico and through Mexico with me and possibly all the way to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment