Monday, October 31, 2011

Occupy, Shut it down

Hi all,
I have been in New York City for a whole month and I have been working a lot with Occupy Wall st. I was camping out there for 2 weeks and then I started couch surfing in Brooklyn and riding my back to the Occupation every day.
I have been playing with the Radical Marching band called Rude Mechanical Orchestra. I have been playing accordion with them.
I will be going up to Machias, Maine to the Beehive collective for the month of November to help take care of the house. While I am up there I am going to start learning how to play trombone so I can play that in RMO.

I have been traveling all over the place since my last post.
In august I went to the Beehive Collective with some rad folks from Arkansas and a friend from Providence. I was volunteering at their annual work party, which leads up to The Blackfly ball!! Its an awesome event made possible by an awesome collective.

Then I moved out of my apartment in Providence on Oct 1st and have been in NYC ever since. Life is so fast here but there is always something to do.
I have been playing music on the streets for money every now and then.
After I come back from Maine in December I am hoping to get a job at a youth center and then I am going to try to find a place to live.

I hope all is well in your Lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment