Thursday, February 12, 2009

My battle with pollution, amibas and loco driving in Mexico City

So it has been an intense week for me so far. We have been working on the bicycle generators because we keep having multiple problems on stage at pretty much every show. But we still manage to have a great time and have really cool shows. I keep meeting a lot of cool people and I am learning more and more about the Mexican culture everyday.
So the other day Dave,Dante and I rode our bicycles to Dantes shop where we worked on the generators. The ride there was nuts. It was really conjested traffic and the pollution was unbelievable. The ride wouldn't of been so bad if there wasn't so much pollution. The pollution is so bad that you can see it everyday. It just lurks over the city and hangs out in the tops of the trees. But I survived.
Anyways I apparently ate some dirty delicous street food which gave me some amibas in my blood stream which made me have bloody poop. It was awful. It was the most blood I ever seen come out of mi ano ever. But I went to a really small medico clinic that was the size of my bedroom. There were about 40 people in line waiting for care. I eventually saw the doctor who didn't speak any english. He prescribed me some antibiotic pills which kills the bacteria. I am taking three different pills all at the same time. I feel a little weird but I hope it helps. He said I can't drink alchohol for two weeks and can't have greasy food, condiments, or street vendor food. Mexico is full of all of those things. It is really hard to eat pretty healthy here because everything is so tempting! But I will get over it.
So we are taking a bus to Oaxaca tomorrow night and will arrive there in the morning. Mexico City has been really great and awesome but I am ready to move on for now. Hopefully I will come back here in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment