Friday, February 13, 2009

Last Day In Mexico City


So today is my last day in Mexico City. I had a fantastic time and I had some times that I will never forget. Last night me and my new found couch surfing friends all went to a free jazz concert in Coyoacon. It was a really great show. Then on the last three songs the saxophonist daughter came out on stage and sang. It was really great and entertaining. Then after the show we spoke with her for a while and played with some really cool children. They were the children of some local merchants selling jewelery on the street. Then after that we walked to a park and saw this great Mexican guitar player playing a traditional mexican guitar with 7 strings. Then after a few songs he asked if any of us played and everyone pointed to me. So I got next to him and played a beautiful classical guitar while he played his traditional guitar. It was an amazing expeirience. It was great music that I will never forget. I needed that, It made me feel so powerful and creative. I just let everything flow through me and into the guitar. Everyone enjoyed it and there is a video of 2 of the songs. I will post up a link to it after it is posted up online.
So tonight we are going to take a bus to Oaxaca. There will be 10 of us. Enio is a new addition to the pleasant revolution. He has got us a lot of shows and will continue to do so. He is the tour manager I believe. Which is good because we definitly needed a tour manager.
So I have been feeling a little better after I took some anti biotics but I have also been feeling a little weird. Sometimes it feels like the floor is moving when I am standing still, and it kind of feels like everything around me is pulsating sometimes , which is wierd. If it gets worse I will see a real doctor in Oaxaca. I would love to go to a beach in Oaxaca but I don´t think we will. But Kipchoge said we will go to some beachs in Central America. I can´t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment