Wednesday, December 1, 2010

New turns around this winding road.

Hello all.

So in the summer I was working with the Boston Cyclist Union as a mechanic at various farmers markets. Every Thursday I would go to farmers markets spread out through out Boston and give free bike tuneups. I was also working with Boston Bikes and teaching youth cycling classes to different schools and youth programs. The BCU mechanic job ended in September since the farmers markets ended. I recently just finished my last class with Boston Bikes as a youth cycling instructor since it is too cold to ride bikes outside.

In between all of this, I picked up the accordion and learned how to play it. I have been playing about everyday so far. I have started to transpose all of my songs I have written on guitar onto the accordion. I am getting used to it and enjoy the sounds I can produce out of it. I have also been playing with a band when I first started playing accordion. The band is called Foxglove Forager. You can listen to the music at
http://www.myspace.com/foxgloveforager

In the last week of October I drove down to Atlanta, GA. I helped my former housemate Malika move there. I helped pack up all of her stuff in a rental truck and we drove down together. After I got to ATL, I took a bus to Troy, Alabama where I met my Father for the first time ever. It was an exciting time and I got to explore the south. I only stayed with him for a day and a half and then went back to Atlanta for a couple of days and stayed with my old friend Mel.

I have decided to move out of Boston and move to Providence, Rhode Island. I will be moving out of the fantastic cooperative house I have been living in the past year and 4 months. I will be working with a bike collective called Recycle a Bike. I will help coordinate and teach youth programs as well as bicycle education to adults. I am pretty excited about it.

I have also started to form an idea to make a self published zine called Bike Love: Stories behind the saddle. It will be a compilation of passionate bicycle stories as well as comics and other art. If anyone has any ideas for stories they would like to submit then they can contact me.

Well I am off to play more accordion, Be safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment